Monday, December 28, 2009

Opa, Christmas and milestones

First and foremost, we are so happy that Opa is home and healing. Although it was stressful to see him like that and know he was vulnerable we appreciate that we will have him even longer now.

Second, Christmas was a blast. Casey received high-quality toys that he loves and has really brought out some talents we didnt even know he had. I am focused more than ever on getting him some musical instruments and things he can pound on.

Third, Casey threw a ball while standing alone. Very cool. He talks up a storm and has mama and dada down but not really saying them to anyone in particular. His diet is now very diverse. I have thrown out all the rules (except Peanut Butter, honey, milk and eggs) and just given him whatever we are eating, hoping to create a sophisticated palate. This morning he has cottage cheese and blueberried with whole grain toast. Lunch was steamed corn, peas, carrots and bananas. he also has Quinoa last night. Tonight will be whole wheat pasta and yogurt.

He is more fun than ever to talk to mostly because he appears to respond. He will show me where his book is if I ask and he will come and get me if I cover my eyes and ask 'where's mommy'. He is fun!

Off to get things done while he is napping.

Cheers and happy new year. Will post pictures as soon as I get a minute!

No comments:

Post a Comment