Sunday, December 13, 2009

Goodbye Bear

I had to put Bear down today. He was emaciated, unable to walk and totally uninterested in food and water. He could not even move. He has suffered from diabetes for at least 3 yaers and we gave him daily insulin injections but it wasnt enough. I was in the room when he passed and I looked into his eyes right before we started the injections. He really wasnt there anymore. I kissed him as he passed and hoped he enjoyed his life. We did everything we could for him, from his acute renal failure as a kitten, to bad teeth, to diabetes and the liver failure. Our vet often commented that he couldnt believe he was still alive. His passing was peaceful and painless and I am glad I could be there for him in the end. We loved him and will now take that love and make sure our remaining animals know they are wanted and loved. RIP Bear.

No comments:

Post a Comment