Wednesday, February 10, 2010

First Birthday on the Horizon


Sometimes I scroll all the way down this page and get misty-eyed. I have trouble believing he was that little, the young and that quiet! This was the fastest,most complicated year of my life. I sometimes wish I could take a moment when he smiles at me and freeze it in time forever.

Casey is a quite exceptional (not the 'special' way) child. He is beautiful, fun, and loving. He gives out kisses and likes to share. He loves his books more than anything and he loves his dog.

I will cry on his birthday as I tear up just writing this. I almost don't want him to grow up so fast.

Casey, I love you more than I could ever express and I am eternally grateful you finally found your way into my life. I have slowed down and enjoyed long walks with you, numerous trips to the zoo, a first trip to disneyland and countless outings to Target. May you continue to be the uber healthy child you were the first year of your life. May you remain as happy as you are today and may you always know that I love you! Happy 1st Birthday my Valentine's baby!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment